Dog Day Camp is the K9 Camp (board and train) without the boarding. You drop your dog off to us in the morning at the Michigan Dog Training facility in Plymouth, Michigan. There your dog will receive expert training, exercise and fun. Then at the end of the day, you pick up your trained and tired dog.
The program occurs three days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) for four weeks. You'll receive regular updates on your dog's progress via our Facebook page along with a private training session at the conclusion of the program.
Upon start of day camp, please provide the following:
1. A copy of your dog's veterinary records verifying current vaccinations (DHLP, Bordetella and Rabies if old enough),
2. A certificate showing a negative fecal test for parasites within 30 days prior to starting camp.
3. Verification that your dog is on heartworm preventative as well as flea & tick preventative during the months of March through November.
4. Dog must come into the facility wearing a martingale collar or purchase one at MDT. This is for your dog's safety so that their collar doesn't become too lose and slip off their neck. High quality MDT Martingale collars are only $20 and come in three colors: Native print, blue reflective and red reflective.
5. Your dog's daily food to be used in training.
6. Payment made in full via cash, check or major credit card.
Upon completing the program, your dog will qualify for our VIC (Very Important Companion) Doggie Day Care. This is an enhanced version of doggie day care. At most doggie day cares, dogs have fun play sessions with other dogs and that's it. In our program, they have these fun play sessions and a whole lot more. They also practice their obedience commands, get lots of excercise via bike runs/treadmill runs/walks at beautiful Plymouth parks and lots of loving attention from staff.