Training a puppy or a dog takes a lot of time and patience. Busy families and professionals don't always have the time, patience or the experience to train their own dog. Plus, you want your dog trained the right way, the first time.
Here's the solution! Have Michael train your dog for you via his K9 Camp, board & train programs. Your dog will spend his/her days and nights with Michael; 1, 2 or 4 weeks and be trained in real world distractions in downtown city and beautiful park locations. Start your dog's education today with either the Good, Better or Best training programs (typical skills taught are listed below but depend upon your dog's rate of learning and your desired goals). Additionally, your dog will receive lots of loving care, daily walks and/or fun play times with his personal dogs.
To be eligible, your dog must be friendly with people and manageable around other dogs. They must also be up to date on vaccinations, be on flea preventative and be parasite free. Please provide a copy of your dog's vaccination records and confirmation of a negative fecal check (conducted within 30 days of boarding).
Contact us for more information and we will provide you with the first availability. A $200 retainer fee (which will be applied to your balance) is needed to reserve your dog's K9 Camp stay. We'll be happy to treat your dog as one of our own. Hurry don't delay, as camp fills up quickly.
1. A copy of your dog's veterinary records verifying current vaccinations (DHLP, Bordetella and Rabies if old enough),
2. A certificate showing a negative fecal test for parasites within 30 days prior to starting camp.
3. Verification that your dog is on heartworm preventative as well as flea & tick preventative during the months of March through November.
4. Dog must come into the facility wearing a martingale collar or purchase one at MDT. This is for your dog's safety so that their collar doesn't become too lose and slip off their neck. High quality MDT Martingale collars are only $20 and come in three colors: Native print, blue reflective and red reflective.
5. Your dog's food to keep him or her regular.
6. Payment made in full via cash, check or major credit card.
"Hi Michael. We just wanted to let you know how pleased we are with your work with Rex. We never would have thought it would be possible to take him on walks again! He seems calmer and happier too! Thank You so much!" Jennifer R., Metro Detroit, Michigan
GOOD - STARTER PROGRAM 1 week training includes: * Follow up private session
1. Walk on loose leash, 2. Sit, 3. Come 4. No jumping 5. Wait at doorways
BETTER - ON LEASH PROGRAM 2 weeks training includes: * Follow up private session * Free Monthly K9 Camp Clinics
1. Walk on a loose leash 2. Sit, 3. Come 4. No jumping 5. Wait at doorways 6. Sit at doorways 7. Calmer behavior 8. Heel 9. Automatic sit 10. Place (for duration and amongst distractions) 11. Stay (for duration and amongst distractions)
BEST - OFF LEASH PROGRAM 4 weeks training includes: * Follow up private session * Free Monthly K9 Camp Clinics * 4 weeks is best for serious behavioral problems, extreme high energy dogs or working toward off leash: 1. Walk on a loose leash 2. Sit, 3. Come 4. No jumping 5. Sit at doorways 6. Calmer behavior 7. Heel 8. Automatic sit 9. Down 10. Place (for duration and amongst distractions) 11. Stay (for duration and amongst distractions) 12. Place (with distance) 13. Stay (with distance) 14. Down 15. Automatic sit upon returning from come command 16. Off leash heeling, 17. Off leash come, 18. Off leash sit, 19. Off leash down, and 20. Off leash stay
"Overall, Rocco has
become much happier and more obedient since Mike has entered his life. Rocco
and Mike first met several months ago when Rocco did a board and train
program with Mike. Rocco continues to go for extended walks when Mike
has the time. He sends pictures and an occasional short movie of the
fun they are both having! This makes me smile, and Rocco is so happy
and worn-out when he gets home! I would recommend Mike Burkey to
anyone who has a dog in need of training." ....
Lisa Langone, Ann Arbor, MI
"Michael is great. We highly recommend him. Rocky has come so far since the 2 week board and train along with the ongoing home training sessions."....Kevin Rambsy, Detroit, MI
"Hi Michael. We just
wanted to let you know how pleased we are with your work with Rex. We
never would have thought it would be possible to take him on walks
again! He seems calmer and happier too! Thank You so much!"....Jennifer R., Metro Detroit, Michigan